Acquisition of Exceptional Citizenship
Through (b) subparagraph added to the first paragraph of 12th article of law. No. 5901, dated July, 28,2016;
Those who obtained a residence permit or foreigners with Turquois Card in accordance with subparagraph (j) of the first paragraph of Article 31 of Law No. 6458 by investing in the scope and amount determined by the president can acquire Turkish citizenship via T.R. Presidential decision.
The scope and amounts determined according to the new regulation published in the Official Gazette on September 18, 2018, are stated below, and foreigners, who meet any of the following conditions, can acquire Turkish citizenship via T.R. Presidential decision:
- Those who made a fixed capital investment of at least 500,000 USD or its equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish lira, and determined by the Ministry of Industry and Technology
- Those who deposited in advance the sale price of the immovable in the amount of at least USD 250,000 or equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish lira and annotated the real estate contract issued at the notary public for the sale of this property together with the commitment that it will not be transferred and canceled for 3 years, providing confirmation of the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization
- Those who provided employment for at least 50 people providing the determination of the Ministry of Family, Labor, and Social Services
- Those who deposited at least 500,000 US dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency or in the Turkish lira to the banks operating in Turkey on condition that they must keep the deposit for three years, providing the determination of the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency
- Those who purchased State debt instruments of at least USD 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira on condition that they keep them for three years, providing confirmation of the Ministry of Treasury and Finance
- Those who purchased the real estate investment fund participation share or venture capital investment fund participation share in the amount of at least USD 500,000 or its equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish Lira, on condition that they hold at least three years, providing the determination of the Capital Markets Board
For the determination of the monetary value specified, the effective exchange rate of the Republic of Turkey Central Bank on the determined date and/or cross exchange rates are taken as a basis. Depositing and BRSA Process for Citizenship Application:
The amount (deposit/participation fund in the amount of 500.000 USD) determined within the scope of the Regulation on the Implementation of Turkish Citizenship Law shall be deposited to the bank by the foreign person.
Documents to be signed in Turkish / English / Arabic after the bank account opening process:
- 1. Letter of Undertaking
- 2. Blocked Instruction
- 3. Certificate of Consent
- 4. Passport Citizenship
After the signature process, the mentioned documents are forwarded to the BRSA by the bank.
The BRSA informs the Directorate General of Civil Registration and Citizenship Affairs and the Directorate General of Migration Management in writing of the determination of the applications that meet the criteria specified in the regulation, and the sample of the present letter is sent to the online bank in order to provide information to the person. The bank shares the mentioned letter with the customer. The client can apply to the Directorate General of Civil Registration and Citizenship Affairs and the Directorate General of Migration Management, together with the BRSA determination letter, in person or through the relevant person (lawyer, etc.) who has been given power of attorney.